Saturday, February 10, 2007

Phooey to the avian flu

Summer is coming to an end. I love the boys in my life, don't get me wrong. But it is hard enough to work and study with a toddler crawling all over me. Coach Stu and S have been home for going on ten weeks now. I vaguely remember looking forward to having them home for the summer, thinking I would get so much done with them around to help me. HA. I am counting down the days until I send them off with a lunch and a kiss in the morning. My mother just informed me that in the event of an outbreak of pandemic avian flu, students and teachers may be advised to stay home from school, since any parent knows how schools are a veritable Petri dish for incubating germs.

Please. Please, please, please, not just because I am paranoid about pandemic disease. Please. Keep those birdies clean.

No comments: